For more than 25 years, EMS has provided billing services for hospital emergency departments, relieving those departments of a time and personnel-intensive task. Our service ensures accurate and timely billing, thus accelerating collections and improving the revenue stream.
Our billing and collections group:
- Builds strong working relationships with Hospital administration and staff, working with all levels of the organization
- Understands the intricacies of third-party payors in the Midwest and has strong connections with them
- Provides face-to-face initial and on-going documentation education to our Providers, focusing on Emergency Department specifics and identifying outliers and trends to assure compliance and charge capture
- Employs a team of highly skilled coding, billing, collection and credentialing professionals who specialize in Emergency Medicine
- Uses Electronic Demographic Download, Electronic Claims Submission, Electronic Payment Posting and Electronic Funds to increase collections
- Provides in-depth reports to assist our providers and our clients in evaluating trends and changes in healthcare
Contact us to find out how a one-time audit of your hospital’s billing and collections function can determine strengths and weaknesses in your processes—and if, and how much, earned revenue you’ve been missing out on.